Named One of the Top 100 Spiritual Books of Last Century This is not an ordinary book. It is a spiritual treasure. To read its message of hope to all truthseekers is to begin a great adventure. Paramhansa Yogananda was the first yoga master of India whose mission it was to permanently live and teach in the West. In the 1920's, as he criss-crossed the United States on what he called his "spiritual campaigns," his enthusiastic audiences filled the largest halls of America. His initial impact was truly impressive. But his lasting influence is greater still. This book, first published in 1946, helped launch, and continues to inspire, a spiritual revolution in the West. Only rarely does a sage of Paramhansa Yogananda's stature write a firsthand account of his life experiences. Followers of many religious traditions have come to recognize Autobiography of a Yogi as a masterpiece of spiritual literature. Yet, for all its depth, it is full of gentle humor, lively stories, and practical common sense. This is a verbatim reprinting of the original 1946 edition. Although subsequent reprintings, reflecting revisions made after the author's death in 1952, have sold over a million copies and have been translated into more than 19 languages, the few thousand of the original have long since disappeared into the hands of collectors. Now, with this reprint, the 1946 edition is again available, with all its inherent power, just as the great master of yoga first presented it.
* The 1946 edition is the only one that does NOT contain substantial posthumous changes to the text unlike other publisher's editions which have THOUSANDS of changes, many of which substantially alter the original meaning of the text.
* The 1946 edition is the only available version approved for publication during the author's lifetime. There is no verifiable evidence that Yogananda ever requested the majority of posthumous changes in other publisher's editions.
* Enjoy the original unaltered version. Have the security of knowing that the edition you are reading does not contain unauthorized changes that may alter the meaning and intention of the author. Even if you have already bought a posthumously edited version, you'll enjoy the authentic vibration of the original.
* You may have purchased the posthumous edition because you didn't know that the original, unaltered edition exists. Other publisher's editions are not clear that their versions are posthumously altered.
* Many highly respected, independent experts such as Dr. David Frawley prefer the original edition. All the major testimonials and reviews for the this book , including the NYT, Newsweek, Time, etc. plus the Preface by Evans-Wentz were made for the ORIGINAL edition, not other publisher's editions.